So I like to think I’m not that lazy but I discovered the extent to my laziness today when I decided to challenge myself to cook dinner for my boyfriend and myself enough to last two meals each, in 1 hour!
I had a dish in mind that I had found online from a favourite youtuber of mine (pickuplimes) but was lazy to buy the ingredients earlier in the day.
So I had an hour, to buy ingredients, head home, cook and pack the food before I had to go out again.
For the majority of the time I felt like I was on ready, steady, cook! If I was on the show, I would have finished way before time was up!
I managed to make two batches because the first batch ended up being too spicy (which my boyfriend wouldn’t have been able to consume), so I made him another batch!
What I ended up with was probably a weeks worth of lunch for me and about 2 lunches for my boyfriend, all in 25 dollars (with ingredients to spare!).
So my true reflection comes from the fact that I spent double that money on the same day last week (silly I know) on uber eats for two meals!
So what did I relearn that I already knew but choose to ignore?
1. Ordering/eating up is a good way to end up with no money!
2. I am lazy- that’s right, everytime I make an excuse to not cook, it’s pure laziness.
3. Cooking takes no time at all – I made meals for two people in less than an hour!
4. It’s surprisingly soothing to cook when you are in the zone.
5 things I am grateful for today:
- Productivity – unlike the weekend, I was able to complete two assignments, one more to go and I am done for the semester!
- Creativity – I am not usually a super creative person , I definitely can’t think of things out of the ordinary but right now for some reason I am pretty switched on.
- Books – as always, they continue to enlighten me in unimaginable ways.
- Cooking – I am grateful that I can cook, when I am not being lazy about it!
- Nature – just beautiful.