I recently read this quote:
“There is literally nothing in nature that blooms all year long, so do not expect yourself to do so” – liryae
& I feel as though truer words have not been spoken.
We all need to take a step back and remember that we are all still natural beings, organisms, just like animals and plants who are gentle to themselves, we too must be gentle as we progress through life.
As the seasons change, plants and animals go through different life processes, humans pack on clothes during the winter months and shed them slowly as the snow melts away, we go about hoping to bloom everyday, feeling guilty if we don’t, resting our heads at night thinking ‘tomorrow I will try harder’.
Being passionate, hard-working, dedicated and committed to making the best life is a quality to admire but we must realise that life cannot always be great and we shouldn’t expect it to be, because that isn’t natural.
We should accept the days we feel down or are under performing because no thing can always be or feel on top.
So let us not be so hard on ourselves, although humans have altered their way of living greatly, we are all still a combination of cells, full of mutations and errors alongside our perfections.
We are a part of nature, we don’t have to bloom everyday and that is perfectly okay.
5 things I am grateful for today:
- A home – like many things we take for granted, today I am grateful that I have a place that I can come back to every night and call home.
- Tea – its warm and delicious!
- My heater – as the colder months approach, I find myself glued to the heater.
- Perseverance – I have been trying to accomplish a fitness goal, and approaching the last leg where I am almost there but not there yet, it has been a challenge, I’ve been failing but I am still going to keep going, I am grateful that I have the willpower to try again.
- Myself and my body – lately I haven’t been feeling all that great about either of these things, I think reminding myself to be grateful for me will help in appreciating and cultivating self-love.