I truly enjoy the silence and serenity of being alone.
The best moment to be alone is in the early hours of the morning. Everyone is still asleep and you experience a time where the world is quiet, calm and beautiful.
I feel these moments when I am taking long drives. The atmosphere is different but I feel the same. The world is moving, yet stagnant.
I like being immersed in my thoughts, to dream, to imagine, to plan, to recount and be at ease about where I am now.
Silence is the best sound. Silence is the echo of unspoken words. At times, it is not what is said but what isn’t said that truly defines a person.
Silence brings moments of clarity.
Each and every one of us should embrace moments of silence in our lives every single day. This world is busy and noisy. Spending time alone in silence ensures that you do not lose yourself or who you are amongst the hustle.
Welcome silence, do not disturb it.
5 things I was grateful for yesterday.
- Socialising with old friends – I decided to catch up with some old work friends, its been over an year, we have all grown. It is nice to share our growth.
- My mom – Since going vegan, I can’t eat many biscuits. Our family ritual is to have tea at 5pm everyday, eat biscuits, have tea and talk about the day. My mom came home one day and said I bought you biscuits, I checked the ingredients and everything. I truly appreciate her efforts and support.
- Silence – These days I like to be left alone. I want time to myself. When the house is quiet I appreciate those moments.
- Nature – The sky has been beautiful in Canberra.
- One on one interaction – People change around groups of people, I really enjoy one on one time with an individual as opposed to group events. People are their true selves when they are alone.