‘This too shall pass’ is my favourite quote, first reading it in a book written by a buddhist monk, it stuck with me.
Impermanence is a universal truth.
Time heals everything.
Time puts everything into perspective.
5 things I was grateful for yesterday:
- The sky – driving home in the early hours of the morning before the sun had risen, I was lucky enough to experience the shades of pink, purple, orange and red light up the sky as the darkness faded away.
- Time – I am thankful that time heals everything.
- Imagination – Sometimes we imagine the worst, I am thankful that imagining the worst (although painful at the time) makes reality so much more manageable, most things aren’t as bad you predict it to be.
- Podcasts – On the long drive home I listened to multiple podcasts, I felt tired at the end of my journey but also enriched with knowledge which I later shared with my sister, who too was enlightened.
- Nature – today it rained all day, it was chilly and nice. The grassland was starting to look dry, so I am glad it rained.