This time last year I was travelling. My life was definitely more exciting – seeing new places, meeting new people, it was a great adventure. I can’t help but wish I was travelling again, rather than sitting at home feeling stagnant. Let me share my journey with you through pictures.
I went on a 10 day journey to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam with a tour group called g-adventures. I spent another 10 days in my motherland, Sri Lanka, with my family. Altogether 20 days of absolute bliss.
I think discovering new places and becoming aware of new cultures, people and food is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Travelling is an eye-opener, it gives you perspective, wisdom and pops the bubble you may be living in.
I don’t travel that often but when I do, I learn so much about humans and society. The way we interact with each other is extraordinary. We are truly special beings.
If you get the chance to travel, do it.
5 things I am grateful for today:
- My patience – I don’t know how I learnt to be so patient but somewhere along the way I learnt it young. Having mastered this skill makes my life that much better.
- My Printer – A lot of people these days don’t own printers because ink is too expensive, I am thankful that I have one, makes my life so much easier.
- My ability to think long term – this really allows me to disregard short term issues and think broader and deeper. I know in the long term everyday trivial things don’t matter.
- Nature – Today was a little too hot but I am helping a friend move houses and this process would have been more complicated in the rain.
- HECS- debt – Thank you Australia for having your HECS-Loan system so I can study now and pay later.